Rusty

Wat staat er nog bij de diverse leden in ontwikkeling
dieseldog
lrocb_lidnr: 0

Re: Rusty

Ongelezen bericht door dieseldog »

Time for a little progress update :)

Whilst moaning about the rather poor interior lighting whilst driving at night, I fitted as many bright LEDs as I could in all the right places but to no avail, the center ventilation console was woefully inadequate in terms of light output, so I decided to improve it.

Take one center panel, remove the flat copper loom thing and lamps.
Afbeelding

Then get some of that flat LED strip that you can cut into 3 LED sections.
Afbeelding

Mark out and carefully drill holes for the LEDs to shine through.
Afbeelding

Get creative with your soldering iron a bit of wire and the strips, glue it in and see how it goes.
Afbeelding

Et voila!!!!!

Afbeelding

Very pleased with the end result, just need a new hot glue gun to finish it off properly, but light output is tons better than it was originally!
Roll on Christmas

Discovery 1 1992 2.5 200Tdi rust bucket......Project in the making

Discovery 1 1998 3.9 V8 3door LPG dismantled

[ur=http://projectrusty1992.blogspot.be/2013/09/the-beginning.html]Follow the adventure[/url]
dieseldog

If I said I was happy it would be an understatement!!!!!!!

Netherlands plates now adorn my Rusty and we are back on the road at last :)
Roll on Christmas

[ur=http://projectrusty1992.blogspot.be/2013/09/the-beginning.html]Follow the adventure[/url]
dieseldog

Yesterday was poingiant from the point of it being valentines day and it also being the first trip out on a road book with the Land Rover Owners Club Belgium.

Long trip for the first outing, the start point was at the parking of the monument of the battle of Waterloo in the French speaking province of Walloon Brabant just to the South of the Belgian capital of Brussels.

Afbeelding

The days off roading is a road book, a map if you like, but you need to be familliar with reading Tulip diagrams! We got lost a bunch of times :roll: But we did spot a ton of fantastic scenery on our way round :D

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

And this amazing rainbow :)

Afbeelding

The road book totalled over 136kms of green lanes and tracks, disappointed that we didn't get more photo's but we were having so much fun in the rough and windy tracks, some, what appeared to be bomb holes filled with water from the rain earlier in the morning.

We did find time for a pit stop and refuel with very french breads, ham and cheeses :D

Afbeelding

As we trundled through the still very wintery countryside we did stop for a couple of snaps though.

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Bumped into a couple of beautifully carved lions at this wonderful stone castle, the bridge is quite a work of art in an industrial sort of way.

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

On to the end of our journey, the final relay point where we hand in our road books and thank the organisers for a fantastic day out, and in the parking we found some fine examples of the finest vehicles to come out of Solihul's Lode lane factory.

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

This little gem, a gorgeous little 90 in bright yellow body work topped off with a mohair soft top, must be fab in the summer :)

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Good byes said and then off to set the satnav for home, a whopping 258kms from here :shock:

Just because we spent the day driving off road, we didn't have to take it home with us, obligatory stop at a jet wash on the way was called for ;)

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Tadaa!!!

Afbeelding

I am so happy that Rusty performed flawlessly throughout the day with plenty of center diff lock action required with slippery clays in places, but this is just the beginning of our adventures!
Roll on Christmas

Yohani
LROCB-Member
lrocb_lidnr: 64
Contacteer:

Ongelezen bericht door Yohani »

Nice foto's

Why did you put the Discovery on dutch plates, living in Hasselt? That is much more expensive dan Belgian ones and your car looks quite standard (although in very good nick), so that should not be a problem?

Yohani :P
Eigen websites: Reiswebsite; http://www.yohani.be/reizen/ Zelfbouw camper; http://www.yohani.be/campersite/
Henk
lrocb_lidnr: 30

Ongelezen bericht door Henk »

I will steal the pictures for the next issue of the club magazine :thumbup:
Bekijk het van de zonnige kant: hoe oud u ook bent, u bent jonger dan u ooit zult zijn. LROCB-lid (30)

LROCB Afbeelding
dieseldog

Yohani schreef:Nice foto's

Why did you put the Discovery on dutch plates, living in Hasselt? That is much more expensive dan Belgian ones and your car looks quite standard (although in very good nick), so that should not be a problem?

Yohani :P
Will update that asap!

I live in weert now, hence Dutch plates :oops:

As for expensive, try €2348/yr road tax :shock:

Standard for now, 1st Dutch APK out the way, more mods to come ;)

@Henk, you're more than :welcome:
Roll on Christmas

Discoveroy

Ongelezen bericht door Discoveroy »

Hi Rusty,

Respect for youre, project ! Nice pictures, lots to learn for me. Mine Discovery has the same rusty spots, but less serious I think (hope).

Really respect for the good work you did ! At least you saved a Discovery 1 for the road and the mud.

Bye

Roy.
Matthieu
lrocb_lidnr: 1398

Ongelezen bericht door Matthieu »

What an ambitious project!

So much respect! You are really a Land Rover Enthousiast! :clap:
Plaats reactie